Temperance 2012 - The Gang of Six.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

calm before the storm before the calm

Tomorrow will be last time to drink for two months. I am nervous because I may try to pack two months of drinking into one night. I know its not literally possible, but I will most likely be drinking enough for 3-4 people tomorrow night. Kevin and I tried this on Saturday and it lead to not so good things.

That is the irony of Temperance: you drink like a maniac immediately before and after. You go cold turkey for two months and function as if alcohol never even existed in the first place. In fact you almost frown upon it. Its weird.

It is possible that my hangover will linger well into Saturday. The final hangover is the only hangover I can say I enjoy. You relish the final time that the alcohol and residual toxins being processed out of your dilapidated body, knowing that you wont experience it again for two months. None of this makes sense, but its the truth. Two months is not a long time and there are many goals to be achieved.

Happy new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment