Temperance 2012 - The Gang of Six.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Crisis Averted

Today I had devilish thoughts about breaking Alcohol Temperance along with the breaking of Meat Temperance, which will occur shortly. Garcia received an urgent email and then text message telling him to call me. Before we talked he sent me an email saying that we need to 'stay the course' and that giving up now would be like Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen giving 200% in the regular season and then playing half assed in the postseason.

He must know that sports analogies are the best way for me to understand the big picture. Thank you Garcia for talking me out of my dirty ideas. We have come this far and we definitely should not give up now. Although I created Temperance, I am human and I am susceptible to temptation. In my darkest hour, Garcia came through and for that I would like to publicly commend him. For future Temperances to succeed, we will need to have a strong support network to encourage each other throughout the journey.

After much consideration, Garcia and I have decided that there will be Temperance guidelines to follow. This will be done to ensure only the most serious participants join us. The aim is not to exclude anyone, but to make sure those that do participate endure the full experience. Once you go through an official Temperance you have a different outlook on things. The will power and determination you exhibit during this time will be carried over into other aspects of life. Garcia will back me up on this I'm sure.

There will be more to come on these topics but now its time to head to Lotties for The Breaking part I.

No comments:

Post a Comment