Temperance has exhausted me both physically and mentally. Temperance began on a cold, partly sunny, hungover day in very early Janaury. Since then I have been going all out at the gym taking only two non consecutive days off per week. Tuesday decided I had had enough and began a three day siesta. I celebrated yesterday by purchasing $300 dollar glasses (without my insurance the glasses plus the exam would have been over $700!!!) and eating two bowls of cocoa crispies for dessert.
Mental exhaustion has also become a factor during this extended period of detoxing. I have had plenty of spare time to give 100% lucid consideration to many things in life. I have also been reading quite a bit as well and after reading some of this shit I wish I could be illiterate so I could be ignorant to the way the world works. The more you know, the more you realize how fucked up things can be which is probably why that sick asshole crashed a plane into the building in Austin.
Let me digress for a minute. As soon as this story broke, the online media was stating that this did not appear to be an act of terrorism. Are you fucking kidding me? Just because Osama/Al Qaeda weren't running the planes into buildings this time doesn't make this an act of terrorism? Fuck that. If you really believe that you are fucking RETARDED. Terrorism knows no color of skin, religion or nationality. Incidents of domestic terrorism occur everyday - people warring in ghettos, shooting up college campuses or lighting up the workplace. The media totally sucks balls and to make things worse, the most informative news show - The Daily Show, is on reruns this week. Is it not fucked up that the most real portrayal of current events is on COMEDY CENTRAL!?
Anyways Temperance is winding down and two weeks from tomorrow it all ends. Two more weeks of a sober existence.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment