I have been doing a lot of thinking the last couple weeks. Honestly its because I pretty much have nothing else to do. Three weeks have flown by and I feel phenomenal. Cutting meat out of my diet seems to have given me an unexpected energy boost, contrary to my original hypothesis. Maybe I am actually supplementing my meals correctly with quality proteins like fish, eggs, beans and nuts (and protein shakes). But more likely its because I am not ingesting large quantities of red meat and poultry.
I'm hoping Dr. Tallarico will confirm or deny my ramblings at some point.
Maybe its because meats are laced with steroids, growth hormones and other unnatural chemicals that affect bodily chemistry or homeostasis as Dr. Rico would say (but so is Albert PooHoles and he seems to be doing fine). Is it possible that the body has a harder time digesting meat? Maybe its because I can eat 20+ jumbo Lotties wings or a 24oz prime rib in one sitting.
Usually after going on a meat binge as mentioned above, I would be confined to the couch or bed for the next or hour so watching Golden Girls reruns on Nick at Nite. Garcia would call this getting a case of the "Itis". During Temperance my appetite has been almost insatiable. I'll eat large amounts of cheese, vegetables, fruit, grains and the proteins mention earlier, yet I never feel too full. As a result I feel more energy. It doesn't sound as eloquent coming non medical point of view, but its the truth. I can't believe I am about to say this, but I can really see myself highly reducing my meat consumption once this is over. Limit meat consumption to weekends and holidays I'm thinking. I know it sounds crazy, especially to those who know me quite well, but I feel great and would like to continue feeling great until that 25 years of over indulging on meat (and alcohol) catches up to me.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment