The week of January 17-23 will go down as the most boring week not only in Temperance history, but possibly the most boring during the 25 long years I have walked this Earth. I cannot think of anything exciting or redeeming that occured:
Eating three pounds of cheese? Nope.
Pooping three times a day? Nope.
Thinking about steak and chicken wings more than sex? Nope.
Conservative SC justices destroying our political system? Nope.
God this week sucked. I wonder if Joe Snyder would consider this an exciting week? For me, not so much. Would the weekend have been better by consuming alcohol? Maybe. More than likely I would be down $100-200 without anything to show for it. Instead I spent that money on gas, dry cleaning and three bottles of olive oil among other things. WOW! EXCITING!
I watched some sports this weekend, which didn't add any new found excitement to my life. I love sports, but I am conscious of the fact that as I watch them,
I could be doing something much more productive with my time. I could volunteer some of this time for Haiti or domestic poverty which is fervent in these tough times. I could be read books about art, human body or the solar system and then pass on this knowledge on to others. Maybe thats why our society is deteriorating faster than Amy Winehouse's central nervous system. We know we could be doing things to benefit society, but instead we are content not to disrupt the status quo. I talk all this shit, yet I have no idea how to do this and I am currently watching the AFC Championship.
In the background, the only song I have on my iPod by Ten Years After fades gently into silence.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment