The reason I haven't left Chicago is because the summers here (oh and my family and friends...) are the best. Those who have spent all or the majority of our lives here especially know what I'm talking about.....We go absolutely nuts to put it lightly.
As little kids we'd stay out all day and night hooping, playing football, home run derby, breaking stuff, drinking and smoking stuff and going to the beach. It was like you lost your mind for three months straight and its still like that today.
Nowadays there is even more of a sense of urgency when summer comes around. We work during most of the day so its imperative we be outside as much as possible. As big kids we must be buzzed or drunk whenever were out. Beer gardens, baseball, concerts, outdoor festivals, frisbee, the beach, summer flings and beautiful chicas everywhere. Just thinking about the summer is making me dizzy with giddiness.
Thoughts of summer hit me hard this week. The weather now is bleak and depressing on a daily basis: cold and overcast, bitter cold and snow, ice and sleet.......awful! But I am here for summer. I am here for fun. I act like a mormon now and a crazed hippee freak in the summer. Its the never ending cycle of
Chicago.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment