Temperance 2012 - The Gang of Six.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Responding to a hollow plea

In our lives, we are often under the false impression that those people around us who we call family, friends, acquaintances, etc. in some way care for us, even love us unconditionally. They want us to be part of their lives, to share things with them, such as experiences, stories, laughter. All of this sounds quite lovely, if one has just held a damp cloth dipped in ether to his or her face. The truth is, all of these people have these relationships, whether organic(family) or created(friends) in order to prop up their own insecurities and misdeeds. At the drop of a hat, any person, selfish, unselfish, missing a penis, will do whatever is necessary for his or her personal survival and comfort, tossing aside these vaporous connections that we call "relationships." In my case, I have been asked to return to this particular blog, and I'm not quite sure as to why I have been summoned back. It could be because Mike Glab is getting tired of writing about his boring life seen through a his monocular pinprick. Or because Mike Tallarico needs something to distract himself from his worsening masturbatory addiction. If you read his post about toenails, you will see that he is using this as a smokescreen to mask his concerns about the raw and chafed nature of his racially hybridic member. Or, more than likely, Anthony Garcia has eaten his own fingers and Mikes Glab and Tallarico need another blogger to add some spice to their tedious blog. I will be perfectly honest. I oppose temperance. I am a man with no ideals, no beliefs, no convictions. I view others and society at-large as a hindrance, a farce and a cancer that eats away at my ever-dissipating patience. I never want to belong to any group, much less a group that involves self-denial of anything. However, with this being said, I feel that I do need to save money. I also will give you a short anecdote regarding alcohol. This past weekend I was in Santa Barbara, California visiting a graduate school. I had a great deal of downtime, so I thought I'd get some beer and hang out in my motel room and watch TV. I hate television. I hate even more the people who watch it and become engrossed in any of its nauseating programs. I was trapped in a room with nothing to do so I assumed that alcohol would ease the experience, much like water-based lube in a virgin asshole. However, I found that after having maybe one or two beers, I felt that instead of drinking, I would be much better served by simply flipping through each channel. As soon as I caught a glimpse of whatever each station had to offer, I would mentally make a screaming sound in my mind and quickly change the channel. I did this and it actually entertained me. I threw out the excess beer cans. I am not sure if this constitutes my return to Temperance, but I do know that I am fairly indifferent towards alcohol consumption, at the very least at this moment, so I guess will accept the invitation to post to this blog, however I will not, at least overtly, claim to be a member/participant in "Temperance" itself. So, to clarify, I will not be drinking, I will be posting to this blog, but I will not be considering myself a part of this social endeavor. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment